Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Balance is the key to Life

Recently we've had a lot of snow in the Great Northwest.  My family in Kentucky even heard the snow was coming on their local news.  So with the snow came great adventures: sledding, shoveling, snowballs, shoveling, snowmen, shoveling.  You see the pattern here?  It made me think about my life.  If my life were like a snow day, I would have equal amounts of play, work, and exercise.  However all too often, my life is more work, a little exercise and even less true play.

In honor of this seeking of balance, my family and I have found that Washington rocks, which are round and flat, stack nicely.  We have begun to collect them from the beach or while hiking places.  We have them set up around the house, and my husband even has them in his office.  It has become our symbol of balance.  If one rock becomes overbearing or tips the others, the rocks fall and then everything is off-balance.

To have balance is difficult.  Each piece must be carefully placed on the other, and yet it depends on the other piece to hold it in place.  I love this picture of our snow covered stacking rocks.  My reminder to keep  balance in my life

This week, reflect on your days.  Are they all work and no play?  Are they all work and no exercise? What will you create as a reminder to find the balance you need?

No comments:

Post a Comment